We recognize the importance of trust and integrity in all our dealings, throughout the value chain – both our suppliers and customers. We have made a concerted effort to ensure these values are projected loud and clear to all with whom we come into contact. Our business procedures and policies are open, transparent and honest.
We will always ensure we are considerate of the environment, our clients and other members of the community when conducting our everyday business and remain open to new suggestions as to how we might improve things.
Integrity - We seek to maintain an environment that is challenging and rewarding where open and honest communication fosters teamwork and timely problem resolution and where our stakeholders are dealt with fairly.
Respect - We believe passionately that all individuals deserve to be treated with dignity and that through diversity we all benefit.
Trust - We believe that we have a responsibility to the Company, our colleagues, our partners, customers and stakeholders to act in a manner of high ethical standards and that relationships built upon this foundation are at their best.
Customer Focus - We are committed to continually improving our level of customer service by striving for excellence. We seek to build long-term relationships with our customers by ensuring we understand their needs and by providing good honest products.
- We aim to promote ‘green’ and healthy eating. We will not knowingly stock products which contain harmful food additives.
- All our products are carefully sourced and labelled. Where eggs are an ingredient, they are free-range.
- Organic options are stocked wherever possible.
- We stock a wide range of fairly traded produce.
- We do our upmost to ensure Body-care, cosmetic and household products are cruelty-free.
- We aim to operate in a way which balances running a successful business with the environmental impact of our actions.
- We will explore the viability of ‘green’ innovations and new ways of operating e.g. energy use, delivery vehicles etc.
- We will recycle as many assets as possible. Where re-use and repair is no longer a practical or efficient option, we will pass on, sell or recycle as appropriate.
- We strive to minimise food wastage by stock rotation, careful storage and handling.
We are committed to providing a working environment in which everyone feels valued and respected and is able to pursue a rewarding career whilst contributing to the success of our business. We believe there are benefits in having a diverse workforce and aim to ensure that everyone can enjoy equal opportunities in an environment, which is free from discrimination, harassment, bullying and victimization. We aim to provide equal opportunities for all without discrimination.
We aim to ensure that no-one in our business, or seeking employment with us, receives less favourable treatment on the above grounds or is disadvantaged by requirements or conditions which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
We respect the dignity of individuals and their beliefs and do not tolerate any racial, sexual, physical, mental harassment or bullying in the workplace, or at functions connected with the workplace. Everyone has a strict obligation to:
- Respect and act in accordance with this policy
- Treat fellow staff members with respect and dignity
- Ensure that their own behaviour does not cause offence or distress
- Report any incident or behaviour, which contravenes this policy, and not indirectly support unfair treatment by ignoring what is happening around them.